Let me tell you a quick story about the time I created and recreated several personal blogs, striving to fit them all together and failing each time, wasting countless hours.
At the time, I wanted nothing more than to merge my work in personal development with my practice of writing into a publication for a wider audience.
I was struggling with coming up with a brand concept and category to publish my content within.
And I was getting more and more frustrated by starting over repeatedly with different blogging systems and kept hitting massive roadblocks.
Then the bottom fell out from under me when I realized it would be nearly impossible to migrate years' worth of content from multiple systems into one cohesive platform.
Which meant I couldn't restore all of my posts written over the last decade to host them all on a single website under a central theme.
As you can imagine, I was beat up and feeling defeated. But I wasn't ready to give up on my dream of creating a meaningful and focused blog that fulfills my deepest desires AND resonates with my target audience.
Then I arrived at a clear solution: I could start over on a new blog with a single theme and let go of my attachment to my previous work. In fact, my growth depended on just getting started, NOT trying to fit a pile of miscellaneous pieces together.
At that point, everything changed!
Through it all, I figured out how to:
- Start a community-focused website from scratch
- Leverage the work I was already doing in my personal life to guide my blog's direction
- Simplify my systems, organization, and content creation processes into a manageable structure
Because I discovered that I had the power to start over with a single, purpose-driven blog concept and let go of my attachment to my previous work, I was able to:
- Start publishing new blog content right away with sustainable momentum
- I decided on a publishing platform that met all of my needs and I even got it set up and running in a single day
- This meant I could create freely while focusing on the truly important work that was most impactful for me and my readers
Now, I'm living my dream of creating a meaningful and focused blog that fulfills my deepest desires and resonates with my target audience. As a result, I never have to worry about trying to cram all of my leftover work into one complicated mess of a project ever again.
And that's why I'm thrilled to be sharing the "Masculinity in Recovery blog" with you so you can also learn to experience the freedom of letting go of the past and grant yourself permission to realize your dreams today!